Sunday, January 29, 2012

Watercolor Lesson

Recently I cam upon a book, Painting Realistic Watercolors by Dawn McLeod Heim. There are 10 projects and all of them are terrific. Sometimes when I have to remind myself that it is alright to practice on a already designed format. OK, just like coloring when I was a kid. But, it does help. Her detailed instructions and color mixing are very helpful. So, I have one lesson done. Well, it's a start!


Now to the second lesson which is a chocolate truffle. Yum. Of course, I have 6 other projects going, so we'll see how soon I finish it.

7 comments:

Barbara B said...

This looks like fun and the result is some nice color variation. I sure know about the 6 projects all at once : )

Sue Brown said...

I have this book too - I think the colour advice is brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. It looks a bit like a stained glass window. And you have great blends of of colours in the greens/yellows.
Stew.

Judy said...

Very nice, I love all the shades of greens you've used and the lavenders. Looking forward to seeing the chocolate truffle!

Alex said...

Absolutely lovely! I love blue flowers =)

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

I have to say your quilt work is brilliant, love the colours. The blue flowers are very nice, very soft looking. Thank you for stopping by my blog again, and thank you for all your comments : ) Always a treat to read them. And I totally agree with you about the jury and art, everyone has their own taste and as an artist you need to know that...

Im looking forward to see what you will paint next with W/C's.

Cheers,

Mari

Jutta Bluehberger said...

Very nice - as somebody mentioned it reminds me of a glass stain window.