Sunday, January 22, 2012

Catching up

Ahh, there are so many directions to take and so many projects that I want to try.For Christmas I received a couple of books on zentangles. This mandala was a result of studying the many designs.


I am continuing doing my "dot" designs. The quality of this pictures is not the best, but I hope that you can get the idea of a painted 14 x 14" canvas that has gold acrylic, foil collage and puff paint dots. So many more designs are racing through my little head.


I did go to Ohio which is about 2,000 miles from here to see the grandkids. There was snow that lasted for a couple of days. Hey, California girls don't see this this beauty. The 4 year old had to go out and touch the snow on the deck. His adventure lasted about 25 seconds. Notice that I took the picture from inside the house.

5 comments:

Barbara B said...

Your zentangle work is very nice. Clicking on the photos to enlarge them does help a lot to see the detail and the shiny bits. Do you even have warm enough clothes for Ohio? I was able to get out for a walk today between the Northern California rainstorms.

Molly said...

Wow! That mandala is so intricate. I love how you've incorporated so many patterns!

Cathy Holtom said...

Love the idea of the 4 year old's adventure, you were wise to stay in!

Alex said...

Nice zen! =) Awwww... who can resist a 4 year old's curiosity ^^

Carol Leigh said...

I'm digging the dots! Have had dots on the brain after seeing Aboriginal art (beautiful stuff) and am wondering how to incorporate them in my own little artistic world. Love what you did with them in your mandala.