Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Zentangle moleskin

Zentangles, as well as most any art, can calm you down and just allow you to be. I decided to add lettering to this moleskin collection. There are no hidden messages. In the pattern I simply used letters that would create an interesting pattern. The color is from colored pencils.






 OK, it's 101 degrees today, so the thought of staying indoors is appealing. Besides doing some drawing, I'm making a quilt that is coming together nicely. I'll show it when it's at a more finished stage.

9 comments:

bettyfromtexas said...

Lovely pages!!! your color choices are really great!

Alex said...

Love your zen pages, the designs are fantastic and so uniform!The fact that you use moleskine as the platform to do so =) I am proud to tell that I use the same platform because of that.

Carin Winkelman said...

Beautiful! (and that's all I have to say ;-) )

nanke's stuff said...

These are just lovely, and I think the addition of the letters is inspired! nancy

Anonymous said...

I really like this use of lettering. (Have you come across a book Calligraphy by Denise Lach? I just borrowed it from the library and it is inspirational for using letters in patterns.)
Sue

Cathy Holtom said...

Makes me want to have a go too!

kazumiwannabe said...

Great patterns, they look good! And I totally agree with your words about doing them - that's why they're call "zen"tangles, I guess :) !!

Carol Leigh said...

Nothing pithy to say. Just want to let you know I'm here. I stop by and look. And I am so impressed by what you do. --Carol Leigh

Clare said...

Great tangles! Just about the most relaxing thing on earth to do! Thanks for your comment on my blog!