Monday, December 8, 2014

Hanging in there

Oh, has it really been a month since I posted! The computer part of my life has been slow, but drawing and traveling have kept me busy. Feeling grounded I was able to attend figure drawing. Trust me, we had a tall lanky model. Sri is about 6 feet tall and loves to wear 6" heels.

I decided that the lowly pencil was enough of a tool for me to use. Also, I placed myself between two very talented artists and took time to observe their techniques. One guideline was taking the time to observe. Even on the short poses, it is wise to stop and look before you place the first stroke.


On a day when I was so unsure about my ability to draw, it was delightful to be encouraged by the results.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

These are both fantastic, especially how you captured that complicated position in the second one!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sandra. These are very nice drawings. The second one has a beautiful design to it. Life drawing is so hard isn't it?
Great stuff!
Stew.

Unknown said...

Amazing drawings, love the last pose!