Monday, May 5, 2014

Discovery and Diane

Discovery is the title of this quilt piece  (21x19"). The reason for the title is that I have learned there is more that I can accomplish. What a discovery! The fabric is cotton sateen that I hand dyed. Next, I quilted it using some designs which I had not previously attempted. Last, I painted the black. This is a very brave move after having completed the quilt.






My figure drawing session was lucky to have Diane pose for us. She has modeled for about 25 years and was able to hold the last pose for one hour! This piece did not last that long.


3 comments:

PatriciaG said...

Beautiful quilt and I know that feeling, just before you make the first mark, your stomach tightens and your hand moves of its own accord. It has made up its mind.

Great figure drawings. On paper and fabric.

Shirley said...

Wow! The quilted piece is fantastic! What courage! Did you use black fabric paint?

Cathy Holtom said...

Beautiful quilt and I think Diane would make a great painting subject!