Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Trying to do it all

 Figure drawing has started again and I'm beginning to grasp the art of drawing after three years. I'm lucky to have people who are willing to mentor struggling artists!


For the grand kids I found this panel (one solid piece of fabric with the design printed) and spent hours quilting it with love. Really, it was educational for me as I do not know the capitals of each state. Hope that they have hours of fun.



This old engine has been in hundreds of movies and television shows, including Petticoat Junction and Wild Wild West. The people restoring this old trains have a real passion for their work.


The last picture is an update of our garage wall. I don't work when it's 100 degrees and since I know that there is no deadline for this project, I work on it "whenever".


Hope that you enjoyed looking into this mixed bag.

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Love it all - especially the US Map. I could use it!

Unknown said...

You really are getting the hang of it I'd say!

Judy said...

Hi Sandra: thanks for the update on your garage. Labor of love I'd say! The quilt is beautiful -- where did you find the fabric?

Always enjoy your updates.

Judy

Sandra said...

The map fabric was found at Jo-Ann's. The design shows products or famous sites located in each state.

jenna said...

I love figure drawing, in part because some aspects of it never get easy. And I love knowing when I do it that I'm following the same process that so many other artists have done over the centuries.

Fascinating garage wall!