Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mini sketchcrawl

Today a friend and I went to a park near the river where there are deer and lots of little critters. We are, along with another friend, planning of getting together every other week. Luckily for me, Bobbie Lou is a former art teacher! The importance of that is shown in the following pictures.

This is my rather anemic sketch that did include a live deer.


This is my sketch that has some personality!
 There is more interest in the tree with the addition of tapered lines,
 long and short shadow lines and color.
 I'm so lucky to have such a kind and helpful friend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the placement on the page of the deer the blank forground is very effective.

Unknown said...

Helpful art friends are always useful, looks a good place for sketching.

Shirley said...

Your tree is awesome. You really captured the individual shape and angles.

Dan Kent said...

Great tree!! And interesting composition too - the blank space enhances it.