Sunday, November 13, 2011

Figure drawing

After a summer break, figure drawing sessions are again being held on Friday mornings. We start with 2 minutes poses and work up to the longest pose of 35 to 45 minutes. There is sooo much talent in the class. I enjoy seeing the different media that people use from charcoal, to pastels to watercolor. I'm like the kid in the candy store. I want to try everything. However, I seem to settle on pastel pencils for the longer poses.

This was a 35 minute drawing. I am beginning to get some of the concepts and proportions correct and then--I know that I have so much more to conquer. That's OK, it's fun to keep trying.

11 comments:

bettyfromtexas said...

I think it is so great that you are persevering with your figure drawing . . . and the sketch looks great to me! I understand that there is just no better way to learn. Brava!!!

Alex said...

Pastel pencil sounds fun. Beautiful drawing =) nice touch on the shades

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love figure drawing classes. They are so helpful with all aspects of drawing and painting.

Unknown said...

This is fabulous! Is this a class or just a group?

Clare said...

I can see you have learned quite a lot already. This is beautiful.

nanke's stuff said...

Well done! I think it's really lovely. I do so love figure drawing, and it's so hard for me to get to any of the sessions in Ann Arbor. Maybe one of these days..... nancy

Cathy Holtom said...

This is so good and looks great in pastel pencil, but I understand you wanting to try everything...I have the same problem!

Shirley said...

Excellent! I don't think I even know what pastel pencils are!

Carol Leigh said...

I'm in awe. And I can't even draw a lightbulb! --Carol Leigh

Kathleen Walker said...

Looking good, keep at it if you can, I have been drawing long poses (2.5 hours) for over a year, and I still find it challenging, but I have learned so much doing them.

Unknown said...

Beautiful light and expression, Sandra ! Figure drawing is not easy and you did very good job !