Thursday, March 31, 2011

Finally, Spring!

Sunshine is really important to me. I've set up the outside table and chairs and have begun to spruce up the garden. I even made a trip to the nursery before the crowd which will jam the aisles this weekend. Certainly I didn't want to overwork, so I sat at my table and drew this plant which will grace the table and some other spots in the yard.


Saturday is a Sketchcrawl day in Davis, CA under the leadership of Pete Scully. It's probably not the "official" one, but the gardens at the University are just waiting for us.
This was a warm up piece.

12 comments:

nanke's stuff said...

Wow! 80 degrees! It's spring here in the mitten, too .... it was 45 and felt wonderful! Your flowers are lovely, BTW.. nancy

bettyfromtexas said...

Yep, spring has definitely sprung here!! Lovely sketches!!

Sandy in Michigan said...

I am so envious! Like Nancy I live in Michigan and forty five degrees today felt warm. I can only dream about the 80's!

Barbara B said...

These are great warm up sketches. Good luck on Saturday...I hope the rain holds off while you are at the sketchcrawl.

Alex said...

Love them!!!! The University of Mississippi is kinda known for having tulips around the campus, and my wife brought it up this morning when I drove her to school... I must say, I am very tempted to take a picture of them and draw later ^^

Anonymous said...

Lovely Spring sketches - enjoy your sketchcrawl!
Sue

Cathy Holtom said...

The look like poppies? Great sketches!

Patsy Taylor-Craw said...

Very pretty! Oh for 80, we received 18" of snow last night in NH. YUCK!

Vicki Holdwick said...

Nice flowers. I'm envious of your warmth - I don't really want 80s, but 50s or 60s would be nice.

xoxo

Revelle Taillon said...

Oh I'm so jealous! My garden is covered with snow again today! Nice sketches! Lucky you!!

Barbara said...

It was great to meet you in person today at the "crawl" in Davis. A fun day, right?

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers! Hope you had a great time at the crawl!