Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sketchbook pages

OK, I am still around and working on various projects. Here are (hopefully) a couple of pages from my Sketchbook Journal with the subject of Line and Grids:


These drawings are after work by Ron Barrett. I found this book, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, in my grandson's collection in Ohio and knew that he wouldn't miss just one book for a few months. The characters are as funny as the story. Notice how I divided the page into a grid!

I can only image that there is another picture below this text. It is of a circle drawing that again, is based on a grid. It says that it is downloaded, but I cannot see it. Guess that I'd better limit myself to one picture per post.

7 comments:

bettyfromtexas said...

Hi, Sandra . . . I am seeing two drawings . . . the first is the portraits from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and the second is a flower, based on a circle, with subtle colors. BOTH are gorgeous.

Sandra said...

Thanks Betty, this is a weird situation, but at least it is posted.

Unknown said...

They are both fantastic! Love the lines and the subtle color on the second, and oh, those expressions on the first!

Cathy Holtom said...

I like both of these Sandra, the faces are great and still keeping to the grid theme!

debra morris said...

Can see both Sandra...great..my favourite is the flower..how far are you from the end, founding it a long slog since page 20 but almost there myself. It'd be great to go to NY one day and see everyone's sketchbook!

Barbara B said...

Sandra,
I LOVE your work. Thanks so much for sharing.
Barbara in Santa Rosa

Anonymous said...

Great line work. Those faces are hysterical.