Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sharing love

Sometimes your actions and thoughts come together. My hairdresser's younger brother (age 28) passed away and the cause may not be know for a year when testing is done. Obviously, she and the family were quite upset. My heart aches for her and knew that she was grieving, big time. So I made the following card design with a split heart and a ribbon to express that love and time will heal a broken heart. I can only hope that it helps.


A variation from my red, white and blue quilts. I made this smaller turquoise, black and silver quilt for a veteran who is in his 80's. The pattern is Winding Ways found in a book by Nancy Elliot MacDonald.


Tomorrow is figure drawing and a visit to a quilt show. Also, I am playing with colored pencils. There are some terrific examples in the books that I purchased as a gift to me!

A special thought: Oliver, my 5 year old grandson has been in the hospital all week and two of those days in ICU. Seems that he was diagnosed with asthma and contacted a common cold. The combination created the "perfect storm" and he has been fighting to regain his health all week. Hopefully, he will be able to go home tomorrow. Your good thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm interested in how the bow is holding the heart together nice illustration and zentangles

Unknown said...

Lovely card Sandra, hope your grandson is on the mend. x

Unknown said...

Lovely card Sandra, hope your grandson is on the mend. x

Yevgenia Watts said...

Poor Oliver! Hope he feels better! I just returned from Sacramento, was hoping to see you at the figure drawing on Friday but my son was sick pretty much the whole week, so I didn't get to go out much.

Keli Lydell said...

This is such a strong design! Love it!

Keli said...

Also, the card is beautiful & the sentiment, wonderfully illustrated.