Tuesday, February 19, 2013

One goal for this year is to create one mandala each month. Each time I do one, I try to push myself in technique and design. For February, I have done a colored pencil piece using the "Flower of Life" pattern. I'm a bit surprised at the secondary image and must decide if this is really finished.



Usually my pieces are 7" drawings on 10 by 10" paper. Canvas pieces are often bigger.

There just had to be a lady on the next pages in my moleskin zentangle. Here she is with her hair blowing. Color was added with colored pencils'



Have a nice day! All comments are appreciated.


8 comments:

Alex said...

That's a gorgeous mandala Sandra :)
And that zen-hair girl is such a creative one ^^

Marina Montanaro said...

Love the hairs!

Judy said...

Hi Sandra. Your February mandala is stunning. I really like the shading you've done with the colored pencils.

And the Zentangle lady is terrific. Hope you've submitted this to one of the Zentangle weebsites too.

Dan Kent said...

These are very beautiful - love the lady's hair!!

Caatje said...

Ooh, that face/portrait is just spectacular! Beautiful.

Unknown said...

I love your mandala!

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

The mandala is lovely, but I really love the one with the womans face. All that amazing detail work on her hair, that would look fantastic on fabric. Lovely indeed!!!!

Keli said...

This mandala would make a gorgeous rug!