Monday, June 2, 2014

After Ron Barrett

Following the advice of Tommy Kane in one of his Sketch Skool lectures, I copied the work of an artist whose work I admire. Ron Barrett is a cartoonist who has published several books. These figures came from one of his children's books, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.


The idea expressed by Tommy is that you continue to learn and will eventually pull out your own style of drawing. I certainly admire Ron Barrett's style!

In the previous post I presented a zentangle done in my moleskin. Well, I decided to add more. I am just more comfortable with the added lines. Basically, I continue to learn.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra, I am doing the July semester of Sketchbook Skool, I have found this to be true. It's a little surprising at first, for some of my earliest originals, it felt a bit like my hand was 'moving on its own… ' I find if I just use the other piece as a reference, more of my style starts to emerge. Now I need to make myself do variations on the reference - maybe the fourth or fifth one turn it over so I can't see it.

Pam Huggins said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for the link to Ron Barrett.