Thursday, November 19, 2009

Photo Journey


My journey has led me to various art forms. One of my sons, now 34, had a website for his adult soccer team. Certainly he needed pictures as he reported about each game. Using that excuse, I bought a nice camera with a 300 mm lens and became the team photographer. I went to one hour photo centers with my film (remember that stuff?) for quick processing. That got old. So, I changed to a digital camera and he gave up the soccer reporting!

 
Looking around, I saw many other photo opportunities. I started taking classes and was lucky enough to find Carol Leigh who teaches internet classes. Two of the subjects were faces in unusual places and diagonals. I would recommend her courses as all the students share their work and her critiques are given with humor which makes the medicine go down easily. Developing your "eye" for art is a forever quest. Carol can be found at: http://www.photoexplorations.com/

3 comments:

Carol Leigh said...

Ooh, Sandra! Thank you for the plug! Very much appreciated. -- Carol Leigh

Dan Kent said...

These are beautiful photos. The one on the left would be a great Shadow Shot Sunday photo.

Christie said...

I don't usually comment on photos, but those last two are great. Artfully designed, beautifully abstract -- they rock!