Thursday, November 14, 2013

Zentangle mandala

A friend reminded me that I haven't posted in a while. I have excuses, such as spending six hours helping to set up the quilt show today or painting walls at the art center or working on our Christmas card.

 Oh wait, there is excitement over the birth of my latest grandwonderful-Miles Christopher yesterday. Mom and baby are fine. Erika Ray took photos of the happy event and there are a couple of very lovely pieces at her blog under 13-30. For a grandma who is 2,000 miles away this is a special way to connect.

But, I have managed to sit and enjoy drawing. Here is zentangle that is drawn with a Lamby-Safari pen and intense pencils.


3 comments:

Shirley said...

CONGRATULATIONS Sandra! A new grandchild is one of the most wonderful of life's events.

Nice zentangle! How do you do it with a fountain pen without smudging the ink? I would have lots of blobs!

Deborah said...

Ahh…. Zentangles they can really help you catch your breath. Lovely work on this one. I like the mandala format.

Unknown said...

Looks lovely, I might give a go ...one day when there's time!
Congratulations on your new grandchild. :-)