Monday, April 4, 2011

Sketchcrawl in Davis, CA

Saturday, under the leadership of Pete Scully, we met to sketch at the Davis Arboretum. A delightful treat was meeting Barbara whose blog is One Happy Fool. She drove over an hour with her trusty sidekick dog, Demi to attend her first Sketchcrawl.


If you check Pete's bog you can see a drawing of me, Barbara and Demi. Below is the piece I drew while he sketched me. I was afraid to reach for another tool, so I left it as a pencil sketch.

No matter where we go, our eyes are opened to new scenes to draw.The journey continues.

6 comments:

Cathy Holtom said...

You could always do another sketch of the lillies with colour, it's a nice composition. I'm off to see you portrait now :)

bettyfromtexas said...

Your lilies are lovely! A beautiful memory of a special day :-)

Unknown said...

Ah, I'm just a little green with envy! Not only do you get fabulous weather for most of the year, but you have such a great (active) group! Wonderful sketch!

Barbara B said...

Lovely sketch, and the sketchcrawl sounds like so much fun!

nanke's stuff said...

What a lovely post and a lovely sketch! How nice that you and Barbara could meet face-to-face! nancy

Alex said...

Such a lovely sketch this is. And yeah it must be fun to be meeting a fellow blogger. I wonder which other EDMer is living in Oxford MS....hmmm